By Marty Finley – Reporter, Louisville Business First
Jul 30, 2020, 2:41pm EDT
A well-known Louisville real estate developer has brought an old colleague back into the fold in a new position.
Hagan Properties Inc. has named Bob Pettit its new director of construction. In that role, Pettit will provide general supervision of construction-related multifamily projects and oversee various aspects of construction activity, from budgeting and cost analysis to scheduling, logistics and delivery.
“My return to Hagan Properties is a great fit for me and an opportunity to allow me to do what I love,” Pettit said in a statement.
Tommy Edwards, a principal with Hagan Properties, said Pettit’s focus on high-quality multifamily projects will make him a strong asset for Hagan Properties as the firm has several apartment projects in the pipeline.
“Bringing a talent like Bob back was imperative for Hagan Properties’ growth. In the last 10 years, he has been involved in 15+ multi-family projects, and given our company’s current and future developments, the need for a person of his caliber has never been greater,” Edwards said.
Pettit previously worked for Hagan Properties in a similar role from 2004 to 2011, assisting in the construction of apartments and several shopping centers, Edwards said. He had been a project manager with The Weber Group in Sellersburg, Indiana since late 2013 before taking on this new role.
Hagan Properties has a number of major projects in the works locally.
The firm is finishing up the 470-unit Victory Knoll apartment complex on the East End near Southeast Christian Church, which has been estimated to cost $68 million. Hagan Properties also built the 356-unit 9910 Sawyer Apartments, a sprawling upscale apartment complex that backs up to E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park.
And the firm is investing about $48 million into a 344-unit apartment complex on 19 acres at 8000 and 8006 Cedar Creek Road. About 90% of that complex will feature one and two-bedroom units while the remaining 10% will be three-bedroom units.
Meanwhile, the firm is slated to break ground later this year on The Station @ Middletown, a new apartment complex housing more than 300 units near the Middletown Station shopping center, which it owns. That project is expected to cost nearly $50 million.
Hagan Properties also owns the Shelbyville Road Plaza and Taylorhurst shopping centers in Louisville.